Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Thompson GANG!!!







I think when you have boys you should always, always expect that they will try to find mischief! Tuesday morning Evrett came upstairs covered in Red Marker!!!! Since I had listened to converence and my wonderful mother reminded me that I should have patience and cherish every moment with my kids-before long they will be gone with kids of their own-I inlisted the all the forces of patience I have (which honestly isn't that much). I calmly explained to Evrett that we shouldn't write on ourselves, only paper. This is only the 1 million time I have given this lecture. He told me Brewer did it last night. So I told him he should have come upstairs and told mommy and daddy. I then went about giving him a bath and scrubbing the bright Red marker off. He didn't like this, but I sweetly told him that I had to scrub hard to get it off. So after bathing him and Birkley, I went downstairs to get his clothes. Much to my horror I found a newly redecotated bedroom. Apparently Brewer had decided to "tag" everything in sight......which obviously was not limited to his little brother. He had drawn (with the same Red marker) all over everything.....and I mean everything, the bed, the toys, the Thomas table, the walls (seriously-every wall had been drawn on), the doors....EVERYTHING.


Still thinking of my desire to be a better mom, I calmly asked Brewer-he was still asleep, why he had wrote on everything. Of course he lied (this is something he has difficullty with). "It wasn't me....it was Evrett!" I asked him why he was lying and he told me he wasn't. Again I asked him in a less calm voice why he had writted all over everything. Again he lied. SO after 3 or 4 times of me explaining to him that I knew he had done it-Evrett can't write his letters yet and there were words on everything..he was attempting to write something about jail (GEL)-I lost it. I will refrain from going into detail.......it really wasn't pretty. I yelled alot, spanked him and then had to go upstairs to calm down. I guess my desire to be a better mom will continue!!!!

3 comments:

Child Family said...

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with boy chaos. You are doing great, Holly!

The Meaniwacs said...

I can feel your pain.....and I would not have one bit of patience! Although I have never had that experience (knock on wood!), I have had experiences with my boys that just drive me completely crazy! That might just put me over the edge...I'm glad you survived!

TEAM HATHAWAY said...

Holly, I'm glad you're back to blogging! I've missed hearing about ya'll (I'm trying to throw that cowboy talk in). Glad to hear that ya'll made it through this adventure alive...no permanent scars right?!?!

The adventures of our CRAZY family.

Starring Brett (dad), Holly (mom), Payton, Brewer, Evrett, and Little Miss Birkley!!!!