Friday, September 5, 2008

Paintball Fun!!!!





So Thursday evening the phone rings. I look at the caller ID and see that it is Kevin Jones, the 2nd councilor int he bishopric. Yes it crosses my mind to not answer-he might be wanting to ask Brett and I to speak in church on Sunday. But the guilt wins over and I answer. Much to my surprise I hear an enthusiastic Kevin asking if we are going tomorrow. "Going where I ask?" slightly confused and wondering if I saw the caller ID correctly or if he mis-dialed. He says paint balling, and I am still confused. "What are you talking about?" I challenge, still thinking one of us must not know who we are really talking to. But apparently he had talked to Brett about playing a couples game, of course Brett had failed to relay this information to me. Kind of funny, even though I feel slightly stupid for acting so surprised and confused.

But luckily he called and talked to me, otherwise we may not have been able to swing the babysitter and Brett probably would have remembered Sunday when they were talking about it. Of course I called my mom immediately to see if she could handle watching the kids for a few hours. Of course she said yes......there is life after chemo!!! Thanks mom!



Here are the fun........and painful shots of everyone playing. I know, I look HOT in camo!! We played team games and then a couple of boys only/girls only. It was amazingly fun. They guys had more of an advantage......playing with Barbies did not prepare us gals to be stealthily (is that a word) and conquer the other team-like I am sure GI Joe prepared the guys.

But it was great fun. We will definitely have to plan another game again soon. And I promise not to knock over the pizza boxes and spill all the paint balls and act like a blond. At least I will try not too.

No comments:

The adventures of our CRAZY family.

Starring Brett (dad), Holly (mom), Payton, Brewer, Evrett, and Little Miss Birkley!!!!