Monday, August 25, 2008

Start of Soccer


And soooooo the craziness begins. Soccer started this weekend. I totally love that my kids enjoy playing sports, but it makes for some busy Saturdays. And since Brett works every Saturday I have to drag all 4 kids aroung on my own. Thank heavens for grandparents. There were a couple of times the boys had games that overlapped.

Between my parents and Brett's mom they were always able to hlep me out! Plus love that they are so supportive and come to watch the boys play. I am going to appreciate this year, because next year Payton is dead set on playing football and Evrett will be old enough to play soccer.

Payton is playing on a team that has a bunch of boys from our ward. This is going to be a fun year. And they are all really good. I was amazed at their skills. They won their game and I think they had lots of fun. In fact Payton wanted to stay in the whole time, and usually he is ready to sit out a quarter by half time.

Brewer was amazing!!! His team scored 10 goals and he personally made 8 of them. I think it pays off to have an older brother to practice with. Sometimes the boys play "jungle ball" where they tackle and push each other to get the ball away. Brew did this a couple of times, so his coach and I had to tell him not to push and shove. But he was really fast and knew how to dribble the ball down the field once he got it. Now we just need to work on passing and remembering to play as a team. But he was sure excited!!!!

No comments:

The adventures of our CRAZY family.

Starring Brett (dad), Holly (mom), Payton, Brewer, Evrett, and Little Miss Birkley!!!!